What is Hand, foot and mouth disease?
Hand, foot, and mouth disease (HFMD) is an infection caused by a virus. HFMD is easily spread from person to person through direct contact. Anyone can get HFMD, but it is most common in children younger than 10 years.
What is the treatment?
Hand, foot, and mouth disease usually goes away on its own without treatment. You may need to offer your child extra fluids to avoid dehydration. You may also need medicine to decrease fever or pain. You may need a medical mouthwash to help decrease pain caused by mouth sores.
ًWhat are the symptoms and signs ?
· Sore throat
· Lack of appetite
· Sores or blisters on your tongue, gums, and inside cheeks that appear 1 to 2 days after a fever starts
· Rash on the palms of hands and bottoms of feet
· Painful blisters on hands or feet
ALL THESE SYPMTOMS AND SIGNS CAN GO AWAY NORMALLY WITHIN 7- 10 DAYS.
Call my child guide hotline within 24 hours if:
§ Mouth or throat is so sore your child cannot eat or drink.
§ Fever, sore throat, mouth sores, or rash do not go away after 10 days.
§ You have questions or concerns about your child’s condition or care.
Call My Child Guide hotline immediately if:
· Your child urinate less than normal or not at all.
· Your child has a severe headache, stiff neck, and back pain.
· Your child has trouble moving, or cannot move part of your body.
· Your child becomes confused and sleepy.
· Your child has trouble breathing, are breathing very fast, or you cough up pink, foamy spit.
· Your child has a seizure.
· Your child has a high fever and his heart is beating much faster than it normally does.
Your Baby checkup
what are the vaccinations that he should have taken until now?
Generate a report for my baby.
Track Your Baby Vaccinations
Find Your Baby name
Al Sheikh Zayed