• It is a physiological phenomenon due to spasmodic contraction of the diaphragm.
• it is mostly not a Warning sign for any critical illness which usually stops spontenuously.
• it is frequent in children and is usually more tolerable by them compared to the adults.
• it might interfere with breast feeding as the baby will stop suckling during Hiccup.
• It is more common with overfeeding or air swallowing with teat use.
Tips to stop Hiccup
- The baby should be held in an upright position with gentle rubbing of his back
- Drinking a small amount of warm water usually helps
Your Baby checkup
what are the vaccinations that he should have taken until now?
Generate a report for my baby.
Track Your Baby Vaccinations
Find Your Baby name
Al Sheikh Zayed