Many kids are raised with guns in the home. If you do keep a gun in the house, it's vital to keep it out of sight and out of reach of kids. It’s important to teach your kids to act in a safe and responsible way around it.
If your child has toy guns, you may want to use them to demonstrate safe gun handling and to explain how they differ from genuine firearms.
The best way to keep your children safe from injury or death from guns is to NEVER have a gun in the home. In case you do have one, follow these tips in order to ensure the safest environment for your family:
- Take the ammunition out of the gun.
- Lock the gun and keep it out of reach of kids. Hiding the gun is not enough.
- Lock the ammunition and store it apart from the gun.
- Store the keys for the gun and the ammunition in a different area from where you store household keys. Keep the keys out of reach of children.
- Lock up gun-cleaning supplies, which are often poisonous.
- When handling or cleaning a gun, adults should never leave the gun unattended.
Your Baby checkup
what are the vaccinations that he should have taken until now?
Generate a report for my baby.
Track Your Baby Vaccinations
Find Your Baby name
Al Sheikh Zayed